Gasparilla Island Lighthouse Climb Tour
Wednesday, February 5, 2020Time 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Join BIPS for a 20-minute climb tour to the top of the historic Gasparilla Island Lighthouse as volunteer docents share the fascinating story of this U.S. legacy! All proceeds support the continuing restoration and preservation of this historic treasure for future generations. No RSVP required, climbs available as space allows. Cost for regular day climbs is $15 per person ($5 per child- ages 6-11) and is payable the day of the climb. Cash or check only. Checks made payable to: Light Keeper’s Fund.
Safety Rules for Climbers:
1. Sensible climbing shoes or sandals with straps preferred.
2. Shirts and Shorts/Pants or Swimsuit Covers Required.
3. No food, drinks, or gum.
4. No backpacks, selfie sticks, drones, or other video equipment.
5. Children must be at least 48″ tall to climb. Must be accompanied by an adult for ages 15 and under.
6. No carrying children up the stairs is allowed.
7. If you are pregnant or have a heart condition, you might want to consider not climbing.
8. If you are afraid of heights, please do not climb.
9. You will not be allowed to climb if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. BIPS staff and volunteers can refuse entry to anyone at anytime.
11. Climbs will be canceled during inclement weather.
Gasparilla Island Lighthouse is located at 220 Gulf Blvd, Boca Grande, FL 33921