South Central Florida Eco-Tour (2-Day/1-Night Excursion)
Monday, December 9, 2019 - Monday, December 9, 2019Time 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
South Central Florida Eco-Tour: Ridge, River, Ranch
Monday, December 9 – Tuesday, December 10 (2-day/1-night excursion)
$595/person (double occupancy)
$685/person (single occupancy)
Join the Friends of Boca Grande on an eco-tour of South-Central Florida to learn about the ancient habitats that are home to the illusive scrub jay, the restoration of the Kissimmee River, the Florida ranching industry, and why this is important to coastal communities.
- Explore the Kissimmee River & Restoration Project aboard the U.S. Coast Guard-certified Kissimmee Explorer II pontoon vessel
- Embark on a driving tour to see many of the breathtaking murals that are painted throughout Lake Placid
- Cocktail hour and dinner at the Archbold Biological Station; learn how its cutting-edge research has created real conservation solutions across diverse ecosystems
- Enjoy the scrub tour and journey through scrub ridge
- Tour a Florida cattle ranch and ecology research center aboard an 18-seater swamp buggy
- Visitors often see alligators, caracara, red-shouldered hawks, feral hogs and deer
This trip is limited to 16 adults.